Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Working Out and Weighing In Link Up

Today I am linking up for the first time from a real computer in 10 days!  Wow, this seems much easier this way.  

First, to start with the weigh in.  I am happy and somewhat reluctant to say I only gained about 2-3 pounds on vacation (I don't know the exact amount because I didn't weigh the morning before I left).   I am back to where I was when I go back from my first trip this summer, but I honestly expected it to be more because the trip was longer.  I'll take it as a win.  

Now, for the workout.  I am still doing interval training (actually today will be my first day back at it). 
 Here it is if you are interested.
  
Also, before I left I had started incorporating a Skinny Meg workout.  I broke the workout into two days because I am also trying to incorporate distance in my running. 
 
Upper Body via Original Skinny Meg Post
Push Up with a Row: 2 sets of 12
Upright Row: 2 sets of 12
Tricep Kickbacks: 3 sets of 12
Fly: 2 sets of 12
 
Lower Body via Original Skinny Meg Post
Squat with a Side Swing: 2 sets of 12 on each side
Frog Jump with a Curl: 2 sets of 12
Plie Squat with weights: 3 sets of 12
Reverse Lunge Jumps: 3 sets of 12 each side
 Weighted Lunges: 2 sets of 20 on each side
Squats with Overhead Press: 2 sets of 12
 
If you have questions about any of the moves press the link provided and hop on over to her original post, as she provides video, etc. explaining each move.  

I think all of it is adding up and working because I was able to start getting into goals jeans.

Now, for the newer stuff.  I am really considering training for a 10k or half-marathon.  
I am seriously considering doing the Fort 4 Fitness
 There are several reason I would love to do this one. 
1. I know many bloggers who are doing it and it would be great to meet some faces behind the blog.
2. It would hold me accountable.
3. It would give me something to train for.

With that being said, what apps has anyone used to train for distance running? 
 There are so many out there, some costing upwards of $10.00, which I don't care to pay if I know it is a good program. 



Pretty Strong Medicine

6 comments:

  1. Congrats it looks like you are really making progress.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing difference for just one month! Congratulations on being able to fit into your goal jeans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Hal Higdon training plans for free online!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also thinking about doing the Fort 4 Fitness too! I'm a little worried because it will be my first half marathon AND it's 2 weeks before one I'm doing in Kentucky. Definitely let me know if you're planning on doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on fitting into those jeans. Awesome progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can absolutely do a 10k or a half marathon! I like the Hal Higdon plans too... you can pay for their apps or training programs if you want in-depth info, or you can just get the basic plans for free. I really like that the plans encourage you to incorporate strength training and cross training, too.

    ReplyDelete