Sunday, July 14, 2013

And then my mom gave me some of her t-shirts...

Hey lovelies, I am writing to you today totally frustrated and discouraged.  
The whole "I only gained 2 pounds on vacation" thing must have been and evil plot against me by my scale, because when I got on it this morning #3 decided to join #1 and #2. 
What is so frustrating about this is that when I got back I got right back to my routine of interval training and have even started the process of  introducing weights back in my routine (and spare me the whole muscle weighs more than fat, maybe it's muscle..my mom tried that).  I have been back to eating right, even substituting a meal yesterday for a protein shake.  So naturally I should have dropped at least 10 pounds, right?  Kidding.

Honestly, I HATE the scale and never get on it I usually go by how my clothes fit, but I thought hey maybe I have already shed that vacation weight.  Wishful thinking...I know.  Evidently I am an optimist today. Anyways, back to the scale thing.  I know that getting on the scale doesn't change what you actually weigh and in my case has allowed pounds to creep on before.  The problem for me is that once I do get on the scale and it doesn't reflect the progress I think I am making I want to say screw it all and go get a caramel sundae with extra caramel (mmmm... that sounds good right now).  

To make the situation so much better than it already was I went over to my mom's today and was in tears venting telling her about how disappointed and discouraged I was.  I explained that my clothes weren't fitting right, not even my t-shirts and I was trying really really hard.  Well, she disappears for  awhile and comes back with a pile of t-shirts that don't fit her (they are too small at least, too big may have put me over the edge) and says here, you can wear these until you fit back in your stuff. In person, "Thanks mom, I appreciate it."  In my head, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"  Am I that person that is getting 'fat' clothes from their...mother?! 

So, the next time you feel bad about yourself remember this girl in blogland getting 'fat' clothes from her mother and breathe a sigh of relief that that isn't you. 




8 comments:

  1. I totally understand that feeling!!! I absolutely hate gaining ... Even if its only a pound or two. Most frustrating is when it's like you said you feel like you're doing so well and then BAM ... Gain.

    I hate it so much but just remember as long as you're trending down and eating right and doing whatever else you do you'll lose it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, gaining no matter what the amount just hurts your feelings...lol. I know, I just have to stay on the wagon and I will see the results. Thanks for your support it means so much!

      Delete
  2. I can totally relate to your post....I did the dumbest thing ever and got on the scale last night...and saw a number that I have not witnessed since I was pregnant in 2006.....it was a wake-up call for me! After a weekend of all out eating & drinking, I am back at it today. Here's to eating right and getting back on track this week, and seeing that number go back down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the WORST habit of ignoring the scale when I know I have eaten bad and then the cycle continues...before I know it I have gained 15 pounds. Yes! Here's to eating right and seeing that number go down!

      Delete
  3. Oh girl... that really sucks! I am so sorry that happened. Honestly though, when you haven't weight trained in a while and you jump back in, your body holds extra water to aid in healing. So not muscle yet, but maybe it's a part of your overall muscle recovery. Hang in there and keep doing what you do -- things will get better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know I am changing habits because instead of taking the frustration out with food I did 4 miles of interval training! I have done weights before and know that you feel stalled at first and then results start to come quickly....hopefully that holds true this time, too.

      Delete
  4. I agree the scales sucks! I do the same thing, thinking I should have lost and then when the scale doesn't reflect the number I think should be there I go off the deep end. Losing weight is very hard - especially when you a large amount to lose(like me). I have learned that one bad day doesn't mean I should throw in the towel and gaining a few pounds here and there is normal and perfectly ok. In the end it is all about the journey not just the finish line. This is really helping me stay on track - I am not losing weight to start having fun, he happy, etc. I am having fun WHILE losing weight. Good Luck to you and please don't be too discouraged we are all here for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet and I appreciate this more than you know!

      Delete